Data Holdings is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce and vendors, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organization is also committed to preventing unlawful discrimination against customers, vendors, or the public.
OUR POLICY’S PURPOSE
1. Provide equality, fairness, and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time
2. Not unlawfully discriminate based on protected characteristics of:
• Gender Identity
• Marriage or civil partnership
• Pregnancy and maternity
• Race (including color, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
• Religion or belief
• Sexual orientation
3. Oppose and avoid all forms of discrimination. This includes in:
• Pay and benefits
• Terms and conditions of employment
• Dealing with disputes and discipline
• Selection for employment, promotion, training, or other developmental opportunities
1. Encourage equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace as they are good practice and make business sense.
2. Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimization, and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognized and valued.
This commitment includes training managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the organization provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimization, and unlawful discrimination.
All staff should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimization, and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and the public.
3. Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimization, and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public, and any others in the course of Data Holdings’ work activities.
Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organization’s disciplinary procedures, and appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to dismissal. Further, sexual harassment may amount to both an employment matter and a criminal matter.
4. Make opportunities for training, development, and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilized to maximize the efficiency of the organization.
5. Make decisions concerning staff based on merit.
6. Review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law. Monitoring will include assessing how the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW THIS POLICY
The equality, diversity, and inclusion policy is fully supported by senior management.